My 12 years of teaching has spanned three public institutions, and reflect my commitment to student engagement through transdisciplinary and multimodal pedagogies. My teaching and my research are currently informed, in part, by the following interest areas:
|cultural rhetorics environmental rhetorics
queer and feminist rhetorics rhetorics of resistance
critical whiteness studies
|visual and spatial rhetorics
eco-composition and first year comp
writing in the disciplines
digital rhetorics and new medias
new materialisms affect theory
Currently Teaching (Fall 2017, University Writing Program, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL)–
- Cultural Rhetorics of “The Environment”
- Writing in the Humanities
- Writing in Journalism
Currently Developing for Spring 2018 (University of Florida)–
- Writing in Sustainability Studies & the Built Environment
- Writing in Gender Studies
All Previously Taught Courses–
Writing in the Disciplines Courses
- Professional Writing in the Disciplines, University Writing Program, University of Florida, 3 semesters, 5 sections including one online section. 2016-2017.
- Writing in the Humanities, University Writing Program, University of Florida, 2 semesters, 2 sections. 2016-2017.
- Writing in Journalism, University Writing Program, University of Florida, 1 semester, 1 section. 2017.
English Composition & Rhetoric
- Rhetoric & The Media, Department of English, Northern Arizona University, Student Transition for Academic Readiness (STAR) Program. 10 summer semesters, one full semester, 15 sections. 2006-2016. Sample Syllabus.
- Critical Reading and Writing in the University Community, Department of English, Northern Arizona University. Ten semesters, 22 sections. 2006-2015.
- First Year Composition, Department of English, University of Arizona. Three semesters. 2011–2013.
- English 587: Graduate Professional Development; a one-credit mandatory course for graduate students working for the University Writing Program (co-instructor), Department of English, Northern Arizona University. Fall 2007, Spring 2008
- Women, Gender Identity, and Ethnicity, Women’s and Gender Studies Department, Northern Arizona University. Nine semesters, 13 sections. 2009-2014. Sample Syllabus.
- Making “Real Men”: Masculinities in the United States, Women’s and Gender Studies Department, Northern Arizona University. Fall 2010, Fall 2014. Sample Syllabus.
- Introduction to the Humanities, Department of Comparative Cultural Studies, Northern Arizona University. Fall 2015.